Support available for you

The transition to university life is an important one, and we're here to help you every step of the way.

Our friendly support teams are here to support you. You'll have access to:


MyBradford is a first point of contact for students who need help, information or guidance.

If our front of house team can't assist you with your enquiry, they will put you in touch with a colleague who can help.

Opening hours:

  • 8:30 - 17:00, Monday to Friday


  • Richmond Building - main entrance foyer
  • Horton A - main entrance, room 01.01
  • Emm Lane - main entrance foyer

Students can visit any of these locations, they are not faculty-specific.


MyBradford can assist with the following:

  • Providing responses to queries, and referring enquirers to specialist support and services where appropriate
  • Council Tax exemption certificates and letters
  • DBS checks
  • Student confirmation/registration letters, such as bank and visa letters
  • Placement enquiries
  • Enquiries regarding changes to the student record, change of circumstances, applications for submission extensions, and extenuating circumstances
  • Campus and city information
  • Assistance from the International Student Advisor
  • Programme, study and enrolment support
  • Award ceremony information
  • Copy and/or replacement certificate and transcript requests
  • Certifying University-produced documents
  • Staff and student ID cards
  • Access to Personal Academic Tutors and academic teams
  • Service User support  

Student Life Team

The Student Life Team provides a variety of services for students who find themselves in need of additional support whilst at University. We provide initial advice on issues which may be affecting your general welfare.

If you are not sure who to ask for advice, or you just need to talk to someone in a quiet and confidential space, we’re here.

Examples of support could be:

  • Applications to our Student Support Fund in times of financial difficulty (we cannot fund tuition fees)
  • Advice and guidance in relation to student finance issues
  • Support with difficult situations which arise from everyday life
  • Referrals on to external and internal services
  • Support with accommodation issues
  • Learning to cook
  • Budgeting

Get in touch

Disability support

The Disability Service is part of Student and Academic Services. They provide information, advice and guidance whether you are an applicant, current or international disabled student.

Disability can mean different things to different people. By the term ‘disabled students’ we mean any student with:

  • specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia
  • mental health difficulties
  • autism
  • a long term health condition
  • a physical or sensory impairment

The Disability Service's contact details are:

Interfaith Chaplaincy

Tolerance and respect for religions and beliefs are important at the University of Bradford. The city has places of worship for most faiths and religions and many of these are close to our campus. 

The Interfaith Chaplaincy team represent various faith groups and provide spiritual support and pastoral care for staff and students of all faiths and none.

Counselling and wellbeing

Our Counselling Service provides a free and confidential service to all students and staff of the University of Bradford and Bradford College. In addition to counselling, we offer a range of support including self-help materials and wellbeing workshops.

We are completely independent of your academic studies or workplace and do not share information with staff in these areas.

Initial appointments and drop-in sessions are available in Student Central, 9:00-17:00, Monday to Friday. Reception is open 9:00-16:30.

To make a booking, please call 01274 235750, or register online